This is the first step into hair extensions is establishing a budget to have them installed and maintained. The information I am providing is strictly for my business and it varies month to month depending on the hair supplier, texture, length and color this will give you a basic idea from which you can decide if this process will be affordable for you.
These are the options that you need to sort through before arriving at a price:
1. Length: How long do you want the hair extensions to be? The longer it is, the more it costs.
2. Texture: What texture is your natural hair? Straight, wavy, curly, in-between? The texture of the extensions can enhance the natural texture of your hair but it needs to closely match it.
3. Density: How much natural hair do you have? Is it fine, medium or thick? We have to at the very least double the amount of hair that you currently have; especially if you are wanting to add length and not just thicken your natural hair.
4. Color: Do you want the color of your extensions to match your current hair color? Or will we be changing your natural color and enhancing that look with extensions. It is best not to color the hair extensions. They are available in so many colors that it is relitively easy to match them perfectly with the color on your head. Hair extensions are colored to last longer and resist fading. If the color is ordered correctly it will create a seamless transition between the natural hair and extension hair.
5. Method of installation: Fusion, keratin glue attached to your natural hair. Tape-In, small flat wefts adhered using a double stick tape. Beaded, extension hair is attached to your natural hair using a small plastic coated bead looped onto the hair. Clip-In, wefted hair is temporarily attached to your hair using clips.
6. Maintenance: Each method varies in the amount of time between appointments and the amount of time spent during a re-glue. No matter what the method I charge $100 per hour for maintenance.
Cost: For the following assessment I will be using 14" straight brunette hair as an example. Keep in mind that anything longer, blonder or textured will raise the cost and possibly limit your method of installation.
All of these prices include the hair, the installation, a care and tips sheet and a extension brush.
Tape-in Hair Extensions:
Initial installation: 14" ,#4 ,Silky straight, $4500-1000
Maintenance: Re-using previously purchased hair, 1 1/2-3 hours @ $100 per hour, maintenance needs to be done every 4-9 weeks in order to avoid damaging the natural hair.
Fusion Hair Extensions:
Initial Installation: 14", #4, Silky straight, $500-1300
Maintenance: Re-using previously purchased hair, 2 1/2-3 1/2 hours @ $100 per hour, maintenance needs to be done every 6-10 weeks in order to avoid damaging the natural hair.
Beaded Hair Extensions:
Initial Installation: 14", #4, Silky straight, $500-1000
Maintenance: Re-using previously purchased hair,1 1/2-2 hours @ $100 per hour, maintenance needs to be done every 6-10 weeks in order to avoid damaging the natural hair.
Clip-In or Halo Hair extensions:
Initial Installation: 14", #4, Silky straight, $250-350 I will walk you through the proper installation technique to apply these everyday to your own hair. If necessary I can label or photograph proper installation techniques.
Please contact me at 208-841-1090 to arrange a private, complementary consultation. I would be happy to answer any questions you may have.